Senior Mechanical Engineer
Remote status: Hybrid Remote
Basic hours: 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., five days per week.
This leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry. Their values within their team are important to them which are collaboration, being yourself, social value, excellence, support and Integrity.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of a successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, influencing design and quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will assist in the day-to-day management of the MEP team including client management, invoicing, team resources, and business development.
• Hybrid working role
• 24 and 30 days holiday depending upon years of service
• 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., five days per week
• Contributory group personal pension plan
• Death in Service scheme 2 X basic salary
• Professional Fees reimbursed
• Training & Development - continuous development through coaching and mentoring and in-house training to keep you up-dated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation + financial assistance with all other professional training
• Well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff sport and social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions such as Corporate Summer event, Summer BBQ or Christmas meals organised every year.
• A half day’s leave, in addition to the normal holiday entitlement, will be given to staff for the purpose of attending a Group Christmas lunch.
• Private medical insurance for senior roles
• Other benefits include: - Paid Maternity/Paternity leave/Eye tests - reimbursement of costs for eye test and basic frames and lenses
Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
Detailed knowledge of key Building Regulations (Part L, F, P, B) and CIBSE Guides (TM59, CP1).
Experience of delivering commercial and healthcare projects.
Working towards a membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with heat networks and detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.