40 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday.
Hours: 0900 – 1730
Annual salary up to £28,000.
Annual pay reviews
28 days inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing to 33 days with service.
Retail Discount membership.
Health Care Cash Plan membership.
In the role of Quality Auditor you will be reporting to the Head of Technical for this renowned Fresh Produce Company.
They’ll work with you to quality assess food products against internal specifications, make recommendations and support the wider team. You’ll also monitor and audit the QMS system.
Day to Day
• Assess the quality, safety and legality of products against agreed specifications and processes – quality assessments must be accurate.
• Working effectively as part of a wider Warehouse team achieving task and time goals.
• Diligently report and classify all “assessments” using handheld devices.
• Communicating efficiently with wider team members on shift and those working “days”.
• Work efficiently and effectively adapting your daily routine to meet the operational requirements of the business.
• Responsible for audit of QMS records in the manufacturing units.
• Responsible for audit of Goods-In records and approved supplier updates in the manufacturing units.
• Responsible for internal audits in the manufacturing units.
• Responsible for maintaining the traceability of all fish products (chilled, frozen, frozen in-house and filleting room) and sausage products.
• Assisting with preparations to achieve compliance for BRC audits and preparation for 2nd party audits.
Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Quality Assessment of items / checking products against a
BRC and Internal auditing experience.
Knowledge of fresh produce quality attributes (or broader food quality attributes).
Knowledge of quality control procedures and functions.
Understanding and awareness of food legislation, food quality management systems, 3rd party accreditation standards, HACCP and Food labelling.