Take your career to the next level with this chance to join a successful, award winning chilled convenience foods manufacturer in North London.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Senior Technical Manager is a key member of the team managing the Technical function and ensuring that the Company`s products are manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal or external specifications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical team, being on site to make day-to-day decisions and to ensure all customer requirements, due diligence, finished product quality, legality and authenticity food safety requirements are met.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by the BRC and all major retailers, ensuring that all departments within the business are fully compliant.
- Identify and promote technical business improvement practices to deliver legal compliance and competitive advantage whilst driving functional improvements
- Strive to exceed customer expectations by maintaining exemplary standards of food safety and quality through the maintenance and continual improvement of robust quality management systems, ensuring that the HACCP approach underpins all aspects of the operation.
- Develop, implement and oversee the maintenance of Technical KPIs.
- Monitor and assess dispatch of and quality of incoming raw materials ensuring specification is met and set acceptance parameters.
- Take full Responsibility for the prevention of non-conformances and adherence to set standards.
- Provide targeted reports to the business and its customers demonstrating performance in all areas of product safety, quality and technical improvement.
- Be the primary contact for customers, suppliers and third parties in technical and quality issues.
- Deliver weekly / monthly micro & Shelf Life testing schedules, ensuring these are based on risk and see these are challenged for improvement and are effectively actioned ensuring the company is compliant at all times. Action any non-conformities that may arise and communicate to the business Director.
- Develop strong relationships with the technical representatives of our key customers to build and maintain their confidence in our technical standards.
- Conduct and evaluate technical projects as part of the continuous improvement programme.
- Challenge and improve hygiene programmes within the business
- Work closely with other operational teams to define and maintain a clear plan for the development & continuing improvement of a food safety and quality culture
- Oversee the weekly taste panel process of the finished products
- Conduct daily factory walks with site team; ensuring site fabrication is to a high standard and risk free of foreign body contamination.
- Ensure all departments on are correctly completing all site traceability paperwork and give ongoing technical support and training to staff.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical position within high care / high risk Food Manufacture
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and BRC Regulations.
- Effective communication skills and experience of building and maintain relationships with customers.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in developing, motivating and leading a team.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as advanced literacy skills. Experience of scale-up and launch of multi component products within a manufacturing environment as well as knowledge of product development, process and commercialisation.
- Project management, relationship building and communication skills, along with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver the project on time.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment, having good food knowledge and passion as well as being numerate and analytical.