Annual salary £24,000 - £30,000 (DOE).
Annual pay reviews
20 days plus Bank Holidays.
Group Personal Pension Plan.
Retail Discount membership.
Health Care Cash Plan membership.
An opportunity to support the Technical Manager as Technical Assistant in this Food Company to ensure Quality Management System (QMS) compliance, attainment of customer and regulatory standards and maintenance of 3rd party accreditations e.g. BRC.
• Food technical customer enquiries.
• Supplier Quality Assurance.
• Routine factory based technical and quality checks.
• Conducting internal audits of documents and manufacturing protocols.
• Laboratory sample collation, submission and result review including follow up.
• Finished goods, raw material and internal specifications.
• Technical and operational process control monitoring.
• Investigating and concluding customer and supplier complaints including associated corrective / preventative actions.
• Generating monthly Technical board reports.
• Training of team members against site QMS including HACCP.
• Supporting a positive food safety and quality culture.
Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
Core Hours 7.00am to 3.30pm (includes a 30 minute unpaid break).
Qualifications and Experience:
Science degree or equivalent. (food related preferred but not essential).
Previous experience in a food technical environment.
Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
Good people skills, with ability to work collaboratively in a team and part of a wider team.
Knowledge of Food Legislation.