This role has the following key components which are outlined below:
- The Senior Sustainability Project Engineer (Level 2 or 3 depending on experience) is responsible for supporting and working with the London Sustainability Manager to help establish Company sustainability presence in the UK and EMEA region market. The employee is responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the Company’s three key operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Buildings and Places). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- The Engineer will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all Company offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer will be required to participate and support the local Sustainability Manager in marketing/business development activities, such as: organizing and attending events, assisting in proposal writing and meeting Clients.
- The engineer will already have 3-4 years of experience and will be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of net zero carbon frameworks, energy audits and NZC implementation methodologies for clients organisations.
- Ideally the candidate will have some traction with ESG reporting and strategic advisory too.
- Understanding the business and client requirements
- Working in a virtual operating group with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues;
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines;
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines.
- Educated in Engineering or the Built Environment and having at least 3-4 years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the various NZC pathways, carbon neutrality and net zero carbon declaration processes
- Experience working with WRI GHG Protocol, PAS 2060, PAS 2080 standards
- Experience working with design-teams and other stakeholders in discussing, encouraging, and promoting sustainable and low-carbon design in industrial, residential and other sectors.
- Experience carrying out materiality workshops
- Experience in corporate carbon accounting and in-depth knowledge of the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064, Scope 3 carbon reporting, SECR, SDGs and Social Value
- Experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints
- Experience dealing with sustainability reports for planning and a good knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
- Experience in carrying out Energy and Thermal modelling (including Building Regulations Part L compliance, HVAC modelling, CIBSE TM 54, heating/cooling loads, overheating modelling) would be desirable, in order to support the rest of the team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work independently
- Experience working on strategic advisory assignments and helping clients deliver their ESG reporting targets.
- working on other benchmarking assessments (e.g. BREEAM In-use, LEED, WELL, or other) would be advantageous
- Project management skills