Our client is a leading chilled and ambient food manufacturer supplying the main UK retailers. An opportunity for a Specifications Technologist for a 12 month maternity cover has now become available.
Reporting to and working alongside the Specifications Manager, the main purpose of the role is to write, process and approve product specifications whilst having frequent interaction with suppliers on technical issues. Also some interaction with customers on technical issues relating to specifications will play a part of the role. You will be familiar with on line retailer systems, in particular the micros system.
- Responsible for co-ordinating all information for new product specifications and transferring data into specific customer formats.
- Responsible for Technical sign off for packaging, involving checking artwork against specification through several stages.
- To manage critical path for specification deadlines, and ensure that specification information all correct and up to date for launch.
- To maintain and update specifications when information is updated or when specification needs reviewing.
- Responsible for checking new product shelf life from the Laboratory and new suppliers and converting them to product specifications.
- To request from Raw material Team - raw material specification and check all necessary information is there to complete retailer specification. Liaising with suppliers to obtain all relevant information as required.
- Collating information for factory trials, and transferring the information into product specifications
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments or duties as required by the department.