Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a successful, award winning chilled convenience foods manufacturer in North London.
Reporting to the Operations Director this is a key leadership role and you will have responsibility for all the production operation delivering product at or above the agreed quality standards in a culture of technical excellence.
You’ll be working with a trained motivated and empowered team that recognise the importance of customer service and have an unswerving focus on the values the business is built upon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure customer expectation is exceeded in all areas. Promote an ethos of internal customer service in line with the company values.
Delivery of the site technical standards. The manufacturing team must operate within the documented standards and policies laid out in the TQMS (Technical Quality Management System) without fail. This includes HACCP processes, internal paperwork, date coding, traceability, hygiene levels, staff paperwork and pre-requisite procedures.
Deliver the required manufacturing capability and capacity, at or below the agreed budgeted cost.
Uphold and continually improve the documented hygiene standards across the site. Ensure personal hygiene, cleaning regimes and micro levels are always all within the required parameters .
Execute the training programme that underpins the Clients procedures and policies. This will focus on technical performance, consistent delivery of quality, improvement to manufacturing efficiency, H&S and risk assessment requirements and individual personal development plans.
Lead a team to deliver consistency & quality awareness at all levels within factory and manufacture products at or above our customers agreed quality standards. Taste panel will be the point of assessment and review.
Ensure machinery & equipment is looked after and maintained effectively. Legal safety compliance for HSE & Insurers should be maintained across the business. PPM should be completed at the agreed intervals and a culture encouraged to raise potential issues before breakdowns occur, with the aim of maintaining a smooth-running operation at all times.
Keep the site audit ready at all times.
Responsible for the planning function alongside the Operations Director Supply chain, Procurement teams to formulate daily plans with required raw material availability.
Run daily control meetings to enable clear communication across the operations team.
Monitor a set of factory KPI’s to implement measures which will improve the efficiency of manufacturing. Investigate and remedy sub-standard performance.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a production position within chilled high care / high risk fast moving food manufacture
- Effective communication skills and experience of building and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in developing, motivating and leading a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as advanced literacy skills.
- Project management, relationship building and communication skills, along with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver the project on time.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment, having good food knowledge and passion as well as being numerate and analytical.