Our Client works with customers worldwide to help them achieve the very best in site protection and efficiency. Their vision is to be instantly recognized as the leading company in site safety. This means they want to be the brand that workers want protecting them and the company our customers can rely on because they put people first.
The Sales Representative role will focus on developing multi market business in the UK, ostensibly in the Northern half of the country for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on construction, marine, rail and industrial firms and will support the local existing customers base and distributors.
- Promote to sell company products, concepts, and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers, distributors and users.
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review.
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects, and distributors.
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours.
- Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects with sales potential for the corporation.
- Comply with pricing guidelines and observe delegated pricing structures and seek requisite authorities where necessary.
- Cooperate with colleagues from sales, engineering, and other support staff to ensure excellent levels of teamworking are maintained to meet our customer’s expectations.
- Participate in departmental meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work
- Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A proven blend of experience and desire for success. External sales experience, calling on the construction/marine/rail/industrial fields with specific knowledge or background in safety would be an asset.
- Evidence of the ability to interact effectively with contractors, owners, and distributors to build long-term relationships.
- Strong organisational and communication skills, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, business or related area of study, equivalent work experience considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK.