The duties and tasks involve the following:
- Ensuring that the Clients products comply with the regulations of the regions where they want to distribute them.
- Keep up to date with national and international legislation, guidelines and customer practices.
- Build industry intelligence by communicating legislative and/or commercial impact as applied to their products combined with market led sales driven and customer needs.
- Collect, collate and evaluate scientific data from a range of sources.
- Develop and write clear arguments and explanations for new product registrations.
- Work with specialist resources internally and externally.
- Provide advice and guidance internally and to customers based on regulatory data.
- Maintain safeguarded communication and review of immediate responses to regulatory challenges driven directly or indirectly from authorities and/or commercially driven requirements.
- Provide strategic advice to senior management throughout the development of a new product
- Undertake and manage regulatory inspections.
- Provide regulatory input and approval for formulation changes.
- Review company practices and provide advice on changes to systems.
- Liaise with, and make presentations to, regulatory authorities.
Specify storage, labelling and packaging requirements.
Previous experience of working in a regulatory role at a senior capacity with an understanding of the legislation governing for the approval of products
A track record of gaining regulatory approvals in various markets.
Proven experience of dealing with legal and scientific matters that reflect relationships between business and legal frameworks.
Proven experience of regulatory issues pertinent to chemical manufacturing and or food/drink products, preferably within the Flavour and Fragrance industry
A track record of successful team working in a manufacturing environment
Previous experience of regulation submissions such as REACHchCH, CLP and EU Flavouring Substance approvals
Ideally you will be educated to degree level within a scientific field and a minimum of 3 years experience within regulatory compliance