Reporting to Senior Quantity Surveyor and Director.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a rapidly growing, industry leading construction consultancy business, offering great progression opportunities and a competitive starting salary.
The candidate should hold a full UK driving license and be flexible in working hours and traveling to sites throughout the UK.
You will be providing pre and post contract consultation QS services for various building projects generally in leisure, residential, and commercial sectors of values £500k - £10m.
You will be providing support to Senior QS staff and where experience allows shall have sole responsibility for service provision.
The successful Quantity Surveyor must:
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying and ideally (but not essential) be a full member of the RICS
- Have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor with good technical construction knowledge
- Have experience working on and managing projects up to the value of £30m
- Experience in preparation of cost estimate and tender documentation
- Strong IT skills – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Articulate in written and oral communication
- Have good communication and client facing skills
- Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills with the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Willingness to support in project management duties
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension
- Sick pay
- Occasional working from home
- Profit share scheme on new business generation
In addition to the duties mentioned above, it is the Quantity Surveyors’ responsibility to carry out individual tasks required by senior staff members which are in the nature of the job description or deemed to be a necessity of the business.