My client is a chilled food processor supplying to retailers, food manufacturers and food service customers.
Reporting to the QA Supervisor, a new opportunity has become available for a QA Technician to join their team.
The successful candidate will ensure and adhere to all QA functions ensuring the monitoring of Food Safety and Quality are carried out on a day to day basis. To understand the importance of ensuring all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met and ensuring staff under your supervision are aware of the roles they play in meeting these requirements & adhere to established company procedures at all times.
Your Main Responsibilities will include:
- QA audits within designated area.
- Glass/Foreign body audits within designated area.
- Feedstock taste panel when required.
- Dry goods Intake checks against specifications.
- To carry out finished product assessment on every product run.
- To ensure label verification on every label change and new label reel.
- To ensure the product sample collation & distribution are carried out to schedule.
- To conduct average weight checks to specified frequency.
- To take & record & monitor temperatures within the factory.
- To conduct rework audits to the specified frequencies.
- To ensure the positive release systems are followed through.
- To conduct equipment calibration as per the required schedule.
- To carry out all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) audits out to their specified frequencies.
- Ensure the HACCP system is being followed throughout site and that personnel are challenged on CCP’s.
- To ensure the traceability of all products are accurately recorded and challenged.
- To ensure foreign body hazards are removed and investigated.
- To troubleshoot/problem solve where necessary.
- Inform all relevant personnel in the event of any issues arising and follow these through.