Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Greater London
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high end food manufacturer. You will be responsible for upholding our clients business plan and to be commercially aware of the Team Targets within the Role and how it links to all other Teams. Having analytical skills and behaviour’s in place to contribute to the success of the business with clear understanding of conforming to processes and procedures to maintain proven results.
- To ensure that one obtains the best quality product at the lowest prices and negotiate constantly with suppliers to achieve company objectives.
- Work closely with Production Planners and the Operations team with regards to forecasting and planning the needs of the department.
- To ensure that all orders are created in line with the current business levels of the company.
- To ensure all daily/weekly orders are processed in full and on time.
- Consolidating the current supply base.
- Sourcing new and innovative supplier.
- Perform a regular review of the supplier base. Regular supplier meetings to address concerns and build closer ties.
- Negotiate and manage accounts with suppliers in line with the company’s purchasing policy.
- Ensure that all pricing is competitive with current market prices.
- Updating/Maintaining product information within sage200
- Performing regular audits of the information within sage200.
- Strong knowledge of sage 200
- 2 yrs+ experience in food manufacturing or similar