We’re currently working with a food manufacturing company based in Berkshire who are looking for their next Production Manager.
Responsible for effectively managing the day to day production and distribution facilities, you’ll be contributing to and drive the business plan and ensure that every part of the plant is working to peak efficiency.
You’ll need to be comfortable and skilled in running a large site and the staff within it at all levels and be able to adapt.
The main aim of the role is to:
- Meet order KPIs s on a daily basis within the customer’s timescales and within budgetary targets
- Feedback to all levels within the business regarding any issues and resolutions that may arise within the production and distribution functions
- Ensure that manufacturing process is at the highest levels of standards in terms of food safety and hygiene
- Be responsible for the correct training and operation of machinery and equipment by all operatives and report any failures
- Ensure that all documentation is correctly issued and completed and complies with the strict standards the company adheres to.
- To motivate production and warehouse staff, be responsible for the working hours staying in line with labour costs
- To be responsible for the supply chain and ensure that the company has sufficient stock in order to service the orders in full and on time
- Work to rigorous distribution costs and arrange additional support for customer order including bulk tanker deliveries
In addition, you’ll be responsible for site Health and Safety policies and promoting a safe working environment and support a culture that encourages feedback at every level.
Due to the nature of the role, you will also be familiar with the roles of Fire Warden, First Aider and Fork Lift Driver and be able to assist when required.
A working knowledge of carrying out internal audits relating to BRC/ISO900 is also highly desirable
With a salary of up to £40,00 and other appealing benefits, this could be your next perfect role.
Top discuss this role, or to talk about your future, contact Jim in confidence.