It’s not often that a role comes up with this household name food manufacturing business. But now one has and read on to see if it may be for you…reporting to the Site Manager, you will carry out the role of Production Manager in line with the company business plan, liaising with all appropriate Director’s, Manager’s and staff throughout the business responsible for all technical aspects.
As a manager, as well as the main duties listed below you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of hygiene, legal labeling, employment law and any other aspect relevant to your role or the business.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of product manufacture and packing.
- Staff/Labour planning for the site.
- Product quality, safety, legality and specification against customer requirements – including best before dates.
- Supervision of adherence to procedures and cleaning schedules by operators and HACCP.
- Quality policy.
- Hygiene of department, equipment and personnel including offices, rest room and external areas.
- Internal quality audits
- Ensuring the completion of necessary paper work, glass check lists, daily checks, cleaning logs, metal detection and labelling.
- Production efficiency against plan requirements. Submit KPI reports on performance, progress, downtime and identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective actions to resolve the problems in hand.
- Wastage control, reduction and effluent control.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards - safe manual handling.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance of all machinery.
- Control of chemical handling, Health & Safety, COSHH in department and associated checklist
- First Aid and control of boxes. Accident records
- Allocation of staff and function to each area within the manufacturing department, including nights, weekends and early starts to ensure company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs.
- Induction procedure, training & coaching of staff including records, clock cards and back to work forms.
- To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff.
- To ensure good communication is given to all members of staff.
- Staff holidays and holiday relief for Production Managers
- Staff wages
- Carry out other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
- HACCP Team Member
- To have an active role in the companies’ continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company.
They are keen to see details on people who can….
- Lead people towards company vision, goal and agreed targets
- Communicate effectively
- Build and maintain relationships
- Manage conflict and crisis
- Act decisively
- Demonstrate resilience flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Drive change
Work on own initiative
- Think systematically and inspires change
- Contribute own views and listens to views of others
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Capable of challenging constructively.
How does that sound? This really is a fantastic chance to join their management team so don’t hesitate to apply now.