Product Development Researcher – Office Based
Fantastic opportunity to join a large Life Science Research organisation and to help with the identification and sourcing of new immunological products and accessory reagents required to develop the antibodies portfolio consistent with Marketing focus.
- Sourcing of potential new products to fit in with current Marketing focus areas through the establishment of business relationships with both academic and commercial suppliers, and WWW searches.
- Introduction of new products into catalogue range including data entry tasks, project tracking throughout the new product development (NPD) process in accordance with internal quality assurance (QA) requirements, and the compilation of both internal and customer-facing product-related documentation with reference to company style guides and compliance.
- Communicating with suppliers and attending occasional external meetings/conferences. Attending internal portfolio team meetings to discuss product development, including regular contact with the portfolio team, Product Manager and the compilation and presentation of new project proposals, to assist with decision-making process.
- Identification and further development of key reagents, and product ranges, including image and data sourcing, recommendations for new conjugates, species cross-reactivity testing and new sizes.
- Maintaining up to date information in relation to designated relabel suppliers, and to inform Product Managers of new opportunities and problematic products, for which sourcing of replacement may be required.
- Background knowledge of products through the reading of references and contact with suppliers and Technology Transfer groups.
- Scientific knowledge of immunology and antibody-based applications including flow cytometry, IHC, western blotting and ELISA.
- Good understanding of antibody generation and technology.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships with suppliers
- Ability to assess value/commercial viability of new products, and to work on projects both independently and in collaboration with Marketing
- Minimum requirement MSc in Immunology or related discipline. PhD advantageous.
- Two years post-graduate experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- An understanding of SAP and Smartsheet advantageous