We currently have a vacancy for a highly capable and experienced Principal Electrical Engineer with a minimum of twelve years’ experience. The role combines a need for technical excellence, leading project and team management skills, financial acumen and business development.
Our Client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy who have been operating in the M&E sector for more than 45 years. They have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential, as well as hotel, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes etc.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
· Managing teams and projects, mentoring junior staff;
· Responsibility for all technical aspects of projects from inception to completion;
· Ensuring delivery of projects on time and to budget, monitoring workload against deliverables;
· Giving technical presentations to the professional team, deliver internal training and seminars;
· Develop new business opportunities and win work;
· Financial management including negotiating fees;
· Review appointment documents and scopes of service;
· Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of Health & Safety;
· Assist directors with recruitment, performance reviews etc.
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
· Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience;
· Attained or working towards Chartered status;
· You will have an excellent understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations, BREEAM, renewable technology etc. and be able to share your knowledge;
· You should be highly proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Trimble (formerly Amtech) or Cymap, Dialux or similar;
· Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit;
· Preferably experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidation, etc);
· You will demonstrate that you have an excellent understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own;
· You will have a high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication, in particular you will have well developed report writing skills.;
· Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills;
· Proven leadership and financial management experience.