Hours of work- Shift patterns continental shifts (3 on 1 off, 3 on 7 off) from 6.30am-7pm
An exciting opportunity has become available for Preparation Shift Supervisor for this major food group (meat products)
£18.44 per hour
£ 34519.68 per year
Main duties include:
• To ensure that the safety, quality and legality of the products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
• To assist the Preparation and logistics Manager in the smooth running of the departmental and production targets.
• To provide a safe and respectful working environment for all staff
• To continually improve the processes within the business and lead your team in a confident manner to meet all KPI’s and look to improve the departments and the business.
• To be a role model for all employees and an ambassador for the Client and to develop a succession management structure with clear training programs for all the staff.
• To supervise and motivate all preparation department to maintain or improve process.
• Carryout routine inspections to ensure that your area adheres to all safety and compliance checks
• Health, Safety and Welfare of yourself and other employees in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 as well as adhering to COSSH regulations.
• Utilisation and Management of all staff and agency to maximise production and minimise cost.
• To ensure strict compliance of CCP’s at all times.
• Lead, develop and motivate the area Leaders and preparation operatives in accordance with the business plan.
• Carry out effective PDP’s on all members of your team.
• Hold regular production meetings to report on all KPI’s, machinery breakdowns and any other issues that need to be addressed at the meeting when necessary.
• To ensure daily plans and targets are achieved (e.g KPI’s, yield output, attendance) and down time is minimized.
• Liaise with engineering and hygiene departments etc to improve current processes.
• To maintain rules and regulations and good practices with regard to health and safety, food hygiene and quality standards and a clean as you go policy.
• Coordination and verification of completed documentation to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained. Ensure process paperwork is completed in a timely fashion with correct information and it is communicated to the factory floor and all relevant stakeholders.
• Identify root causes of any yield or KPI loss putting in relevant permanent corrective actions.
• Deal with non-conformance reports as necessary.
• Follow company procedures when dealing with/settling grievances on behalf of all preparation staff.
• To promote equal opportunities.
• Undertake any training that may be required or desirable.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required commensurate with the post that may be determined following consultation between yourself and the Preparation and Logistics Manager.
• Assist in other departments if required.
• Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety in your area.
• Ensuring that all information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is passed to your team.
• Liaise with the Health and Safety Coordinator to establish controls for health and safety to include: Daily Start Up checks, Accident and Near Miss Investigations, Monitoring of corrective actions coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery and equipment in your Area of responsibility.
• In conjunction with HR manage absence effectively and conduct return to work interviews in a timely fashion.
• Liaise with HR, with regards to the investigation and documentation of any incidents relating to poor performance, breaches of procedure and damage to company property along with any other staff issues and conduct disciplinary when necessary.
• Lead, develop, and motivate Area Leaders and Team Leaders in accordance with the business plan.
• Ensure all staff are trained and signed off to the relevant customer specifications.
• To complete the daily statistics spreadsheets and highlight any shortfalls from the set targets.
• Monitor all communication that is sent from the department.
• To complete the shift handover sheet and KPI spreadsheet at the end of each shift.
This job description is not exhaustive and is intended for guidance only. You are required to perform any other duties as the needs of the business dictate / as directed by management.
Requirements, experience and person specification
- Understanding and application of line safety inspections.
- Root cause analysis training.
- Reliability and good timekeeping
- Great awareness of basic food hygiene / health and safety principles.
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow instructions.
- Willingness to learn
- Always conduct themselves in a responsible and courteous manner
- Co-operative, enthusiastic, and orderly approach
- Good level of efficiency, courtesy and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Conscientious towards and willingness to meet deadlines.
- Flexible approach with ability to carry out a wide variety of tasks under pressure and adapt to the needs of the Company.
- Respectful, positive, and helpful attitude.
- Team Player
- Able to work on own initiative.