Sometimes, this job means I get to deal with some amazing companies and my client has to be one of them.
Surrounded by the finest views Wales has to offer, they’re currently searching for an NPD Manager with the same passion for cakes and confectionery as they have so they can continue their meteoric rise.
Working closely with the National Account Manager, you’ll be leading the development for current customers as well as new lines for new clients and seasonal products, all from their state of the art bakery.
With a package that’s as impressive as the role, this is a true once in a career opportunity.
To work collaboratively with the National Account Manager to grow and develop new products for existing and new customer base both new lines and seasonal products while also ensuring first class technical application of all relevant products and processes in line with customer requirements.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for delivering new product Launches successfully through management of the Innovation process through to ensuring products are performing to customer satisfaction in line with the agreed launch calendar.
- Build good relationships with the relevant technical & Food manager contacts in defined customer’s while ensuring compliance with their systems.
- Be aware of relevant legislation affecting Foodservice customers, ensuring that new developments are in line with this e.g. attending trade shows to meet with suppliers and determine supplier portfolio going forward
- Understanding customer and company budgets when designing new products to ensure efficiency and profitability and drafting Business case plan for proposed launches for sign-off.
- Provide samples requested by customers on time, with supporting paperwork including preliminary specification details.
- Management of NPD Baker ensuring appropriate training and development needs are fulfilled.
- Manage smooth liaison between the customer and the internal NPD team so that the requirements of the customer are clearly understood and met as part of the process.
- Attend internal and customer factory trials whenever relevant to support the process technologist.
- Be responsive in supporting customer needs when technical issues arise.
- Be aware of the external competitive environment, Including competitor actions and plans of how to counter them
- Present new concepts in a professional manner
- Be able to work efficiently as an individual and also part of team.
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm
- Must have a strong personality with the ability to influence others and have the skills to mentor others.
- Writing detailed product briefs for new product launches
- Arranging quarterly range reviews, collating information from Operations, Quality and Finance teams to present to the board and relevant teams
- Determine and manage the implementation of all existing product development projects, based on low margins, MOQs, sales etc
- Regular competitor research to determine market trends
For more information, or to find out how Magenta can help with your next role, contact Jim in the office for a confidential chat