My client is a chilled food processor supplying to retailers, food manufacturers and food service customers.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, job opportunities have become available for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers to join their team and strengthen the engineering function within their high risk section.
Your main purpose will be to maintain the plant and equipment to meet the site operational needs whilst keeping the plant and equipment in safe working order. Working in accordance to Technical, Quality and Health and Safety Standards.
- Reactive and proactive maintenance of site machinery, equipment and systems.
- Daily completion of the Engineering work log.
- Ensure work orders are completed within the required time scale.
- Carrying out PPM work in accordance to the monthly schedule.
- Maintaining high standards of Good Manufacturing Practice. Ensuring the Engineering Workshop and areas of work are maintained to a high level of housekeeping.
- Working within all Technical, Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures at all times.
- Wearing the correct PPE relevant to each specific task.
- Effective and efficient use of resources, including spare parts, consumables and equipment. Sourcing part numbers and communicating parts / materials required in a time efficient manner to the relevant person.
- Assisting site contractors where necessary.
- Assisting in Accident Investigations where technical knowledge of equipment and or processes is required.
- Utilisation of the Shire PPM system with regard to entering data.
- Maintaining good inter-departmental relationships.
- Attending training and development courses in order to competently work with all equipment, machines and systems on site.
- Site Fire Marshal Duties
Educated to GCSE ”0” Level standard or equivalent within a engineering discipline
Fully Qualified, time served engineer with nationally recognised certification such as
17th Edition Electrical Regulations etc.
Level 2 Food Hygiene
Level 3 CEIH Health &Safety
Fire Marshal Certificate