Our Client, a large London based MEP Engineering Contractor that specialise in Residential, Commercial projects, are currently recruiting for Mechanical Supervisors for their Residential New Build projects in South East London.
To carry out all maintenance and small installation works and supervise operational staff. Also to coordinate and supervise where necessary specialist sub-contractors and work in conjunction with other trades, ensuring compliance with current regulations and specific client requirements.
- Ensure that all planned construction works are carried out efficiently and in accordance with contract requirements, relevant legislation and best practice
- Report directly to the Project Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that all maintenance staff and sub-contractors work efficiently and within the Health & Safety guidelines
- In particular for ensuring that sub-contractor’s Risk Assessments and Method Statements are sought, validated and implemented
- Write and compile fortnightly reports on all site activities
- Day to day management of relevant operational staff including conduct, performance, attendance and capability
- Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards
- Supervise maintenance in accordance with the established Quality Management System including preparation for internal and external Quality Audits
- Setting standards for the engineering team to ensure a high quality service
- Supervise all work scheduling, rotas, callout support, stores, strategic spares, including reviewing work to improve efficiency
- Inspect the work for quality and compliance
- Make recommendations to the Project Manager for plant replacement with justification with the focus being towards energy savings
- Induct, train, appraise and develop the Resident Team in order to maintain and enhance technical and site-related knowledge and experience
- Act as principal supervisory point of contact for emergency callouts including the tasking of standby engineer or mobile engineer and attendance on site as required
- Supervise and coordinate the attendance of operational and subcontractors as required
- Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion
Skills and experience required:
- Mechanical Background (Qualified – JIB Card) and experience Supervising on both Residential and Commercial projects (preferably in the London region)
- SSSTS/SMSTS Certificate (ideally)
- Previous experienced to demonstrate experience and a good all round knowledge of all the building services disciplines including heating , ventilation systems, refrigeration, environmental controls, electrical power and distribution and public health
- Incorporated Engineer status desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate desirable
- Previous people management/team leadership experience in a similar environment.
- A self-managing approach to work with a strong Health and Safety attitude
For further information, please call Jon on 020 8547 3399 or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure your contact details are correct when sending)