A Mechanical Engineer is required to join this busy Food Manufacturing facility based in Middlesex.
Your main purpose will be to maintain the plant and equipment to meet the site operational needs whilst keeping the plant and equipment in safe working order. Working in accordance to Technical, Quality and Health and Safety Standards.
- To repair and maintain all equipment and machinery throughout the site.
- Carry out pre-planned maintenance according to prepared schedules, ensure all service records are accurately maintained and comply with manufacturers / company policies.
- To respond in a positive manner to all requests for assistance from production personnel, regarding machinery/equipment breakdown to ensure minimal loss of production time.
- When servicing or repairing machinery/equipment ensure you comply with all manufacturer recommendations, health & safety regulations and group policies.
- To diagnose, troubleshoot and repair faults on production lines as well as carrying out routine maintenance.
- To suggest improvements in the operation, to seek approval and to implement.
Effective and efficient use of resources, including spare parts, consumables and equipment. Sourcing part numbers and communicating parts / materials required in a time efficient manner to the relevant person.
- Assisting site contractors where necessary.
- Assisting in Accident Investigations where technical knowledge of equipment and or processes is required.
- Maintaining good inter-departmental relationships.
- Attending training and development courses in order to competently work with all equipment, machines and systems on site.