Our Client currently have a position available for a Mechanical Services Estimator.
They are a small/medium sized well established busy family run Mechanical Services contractor.
They specialise in fast paced CAT A/CAT B commerical fit-outs in London and Surrounding areas.
They have a well established client base which is growing all the time.
They are expanding their team and looking for a flexible addition to their work force who has the relevant experience in HVAC and Estimating.
This position would suit someone who is newly or nearly qualified in Estimating, with a proven background within the Mechanical Services industry.
About the Role:
· Preparing and maintaining a directory of suppliers and subcontractors
· Analysing of mechanical tender HVAC and Public Health drawings
· Reading performance specifications in tender documents paying special attention to detail
· Collating quotes from our suppliers and subcontractors in a timely manner
· Setting up of quote files on the server, saving documents and information in files
· Filing and organising of documents
· Meeting clients as necessary to discuss their requirements and advise accordingly
· Surveying of prospective projects to produce drawings and subsequent quotes
· Liaising with clients and consultants to formulate estimates, foresee and resolve any potential issues
· Preparing mechanical estimates working closely as part of the team
· Perform other duties in project management such as procuring equipment and setting up projects to run smoothly, on budget and on time.
· Risk assessments and Method statements using our H&S portal
· Liaising with clients during projects and meeting their expectations
· Updating of working drawings
· Preparing and collating O&M manuals on project completion
About the Candidate:
· Mechanical services ONC /HNC preferred or proven industry experience
· strong IT skills, including outlook, word, Excel and CAD Experience
· Attention to detail is a must and strong organisational skills
· Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise work load effectively
· A ‘can do’ helpful attitude and able to work as part of a small team
· Must be able to react quickly to our clients requests and changes in design
· Must be able to work off own initiative effectively
· Client focused with the ability to converse directly with our clients in a friendly and knowledgeable manner
· Must be a good communicator and take responsibility
· Must be flexible and a good team player
For further information, please call Jon on 020 8547 3399 or email your CV to: email@example.com (please ensure your contact details are correct when sending)