This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including client management, team resources, design deliverables and business development.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead.
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients.
- Monitor and review junior staff project work.
- Report resource and financial information to group Partners.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- Detailed knowledge of key Building Regulations (Part L, F, P, B) and CIBSE Guides (TM59, CP1).
- Working towards a membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
- On a daily basis provide support and advice to junior staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project progress reports are completed.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Ensure that the group partners are aware of project progress in relation to project finance.
- Attend group meetings.
- Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior staff.