Our client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. They provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their expanding MEP and Sustainability Team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as M&E project lead.
- Work independently and as part of the internal team to deliver projects.
- Work with a range of client organisations, including; housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords, private developers, main contractors, M&E sub-contractors.
- Liaise with and manage an internal team of engineers, CAD technicians and sustainability assessors to deliver projects.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, performance evaluations, etc.
- Prepare high quality output information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams within the company.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Education, hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or building services engineering.
- Experience, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Project History, have extensive experience of delivering large scale residential and/or mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by the company
- Continuing professional development, you will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Please contact Jon Oldknow of Magenta International Ltd or click apply to submit your CV and I will call you back (please include your contact details)