Our client, a successful Building Services Consultancy, is currently looking to recruit an Associate level Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team at their Kent office. They will consider a Senior level Engineer providing they have sufficient management experience.
Responsible for the delivery of mechanical services design/work for all projects.
- Oversee senior/intermediate/junior staff
- Mentor staff undertaking further education
- Ensure design procedures are followed and design files maintained.
- Carry out mechanical design work
- Review mechanical designs
- Act as Project Leader when designated
- Ensure staff work to meet time and quality targets
- Lead and liaise with CAD department on M&E drawing production and workload (anticipate resource requirements)
- Liaise with Directors and assist with
1. Fee proposals
2. Resource requirements
3. Staff issues that require Director input
4. Need for external consultants
5. Monthly review of staff timesheets/project costs
- Monitor and co-ordinate holidays
- Produce basic fee payment schedules
- Encourage team working and development
- Ensure team concentration on work at hand
- Attend corporate functions as required by Directors
- Ensure compliance of work produced with statutory and legal regulations
- Ensure staff are aware of H & S requirements in relation to design
- Identify ‘gaps’ in staff experience/education and look to fill these gaps
- Seek new project possibilities and liaise with Directors accordingly
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact me for further information on 0208 547 3399
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.