Reporting to the Office Director you will be required to manage/lead and undertake the mechanical building services design and contract supervision elements of complex and in some cases highly technical projects across a wide and diverse construction sector range. Appointments include commissions on residential, commercial, retail, sports/leisure, hotels, industrial, storage/archive and healthcare projects for our valued new and existing end user clients, developers and contractors alike.
You will be expected to manage your workload efficiently, producing designs, specifications and reports on time and to the required quality expected of an experienced ‘senior’ level building services consulting engineer. Will have a good appreciation and understanding of the other building services disciplines and be capable of representing the company – front facing with other professional design team members i.e. architects, structural engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors etc.
The candidate ideally will have 15+ years ‘permanent’ main -stream UK design consultancy experience and have attained recognised engineering and management qualifications. Would like to see membership of CIBSE, ImechE and IET Institutions as well as be ‘Engineering Council’ registered. The successful candidate will join and become an integral member of a highly motivated and expanding multi-disciplined MEP team located in Sunderland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with Client’s brief
- Oversee and verify mechanical services design calculations using Bentley Hevacomp, and IES software
- Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business
- Identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements
- Financial management and reporting on project profitability
- Technical and quality reviews of project information
- Developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with client’s brief
- Represent the business at a wide range of meetings
- Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business
- Reviewing technical competency of mechanical work
- Design, supervision and technical reviewing of allocated projects
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance at project and group level
- Assist in the production of mechanical services specifications and schedules
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Conduct initial and concept mechanical designs and review developed detail design
- Provide technical support and advice and work directly with clients to deliver various projects
- Provide statements/reports
- Provide support to the Director with regard to business development within the North East
- Educated to at least Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Mechanical services design – concept, performance and detailed.
- Highly experienced in the production of detailed mechanical design solutions for services such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, cooling, domestic hot and cold water services.
- HVAC systems such as VRV, VAV, 4- Pipe Fan Coil, Versatemp, close control, active and passive chilled beam and chilled ceilings, displacement, natural and mixed mode ventilation.
- BMS and Controls.
- Sustainable, renewable, LZC technologies.
- Experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the latest UK Building Regulations, Design Standards and Guides.
- 15+ year’s experience of a recognised mainstream UK engineering consultancy organisation
- Hevacomp/IES or similar
- Strong communication skills; Verbal & Written
- Revit/BIM, IES, Microsoft etc
Please contact Jon Oldknow of Magenta International Ltd or click apply to submit your CV and I will call you back (please include your contact details)