We have a vacancy for a highly capable and experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of twelve years’ experience. The role combines a need for technical excellence, leading project and team management skills, financial acumen and business development.
Our client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy that has been operating in the M&E sector for more than 45 years. They have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential, as well as hotel, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes etc.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
- Managing teams and projects, mentoring junior staff.
- Responsibility for all technical aspects of projects from inception to completion.
- Ensuring delivery of projects on time and to budget, monitoring workload against deliverables.
- Giving technical presentations to the professional team, delivering internal training/seminars.
- Developing new business opportunities and winning work.
- Financial management including negotiating fees.
- Reviewing appointment documents and scopes of service.
- Demonstrating leadership in all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Assisting directors with recruitment, performance reviews etc.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience.
- Attained or working towards Chartered status.
- An excellent understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations, BREEAM, renewable technology etc. and be able to share your knowledge.
- Highly proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Hevacomp or IES, Outlook. Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
- An excellent understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own.
- A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication, in particular you will have well developed report writing skills.
- Proven leadership and financial management experience.
- Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills.
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact Jo Oldknow for further information on 0208 547 3399
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.