This role is suitable for a candidate with a mechanical, electrical or building services engineering degree, with a passion for energy efficiency, sustainable design and low carbon technologies.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of our successful building services engineering and sustainability team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day design and engineering to help delivery key projects. This will include building services design, energy modelling and assessments, surveys and presentations.
The culture in our team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be enthusiastic, well organised, and professional. They must contribute towards the positive and collaborative environment within the team. The candidate is expected to be proactive with their learning, personal development and adopting the high standards and quality of the team.
- Work on a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend internal design meetings.
- Attend meetings with external clients and multidisciplinary design teams.
- Aid in the develop and presentation of project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Assist senior consultants in project design and assessments.
- Assist in project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information as requested including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports.
- Maintain an accurate and organised schedule of personal tasks and available resource.
- Attend/organise external CPDs
- Attend/participate in internal CPDs
- Develop technical understanding of Low Carbon Technologies, Building Regulations and Local Sustainable Planning Policy.
- Undertake additional and independent learning on technical subjects and software training.
- Be active in industry organised events such as CIBSE and IET programmes.
- Be active on Company online media, including working with the marketing team to develop project related content.
- Hold an academic or industry qualification related to mechanical, electrical or building services engineering.
- Passion for energy efficiency, sustainable design and low carbon technologies.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- On a daily basis, provide support to the team, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project and team progress reports are completed and report to the senior team.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Manage tasks effectively and to the satisfaction of the senior team.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Develop knowledge through independent learning and continued professional development.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain all existing qualifications and to extend these as appropriate to their role and have ongoing training in relation to Health and Safety.