Responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers including outsourced commissioning specialists to implement company commissioning strategy and increase standards of company commissioning processes.
- Take overall responsibility for the day to day management of all M & E commissioning activities on the project to ensure successful completion of these activities against the programme.
- Management of the specialist subcontractors.
- Interface with the utility companies.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports including reports to the client and internal reports.
- Produce a monthly Sustainability Report.
- Management of flushing the relevant systems on site (In-house).
- Implementation of Commissioning Strategy, including review of the strategy from time to time to ensure it is up to date with relevant legislation and client requirements.
- Attendance of various weekly multi-disciplinary meetings including formal internal meetings.
- Overseeing receipt of all the necessary training to ensure Company is certified to complete handover and commissioning to the client.
- Manage a core team of engineers in a fast-moving programme environment to maintain the client’s programme.
- Dealing with the client and its representative in a professional and positive manner and represent the company in a best practice setting
- Writing concise commissioning method statements
- Troubleshooting technical problems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must have substantial project management experience.
- Forward-thinking individual and able to provide solutions and make decisions.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities along with people management and large team leading capabilities are also are essential for this role.