Great Company...great role! No preamble* with this one, straight into it!
- Take responsibility for the accurate storage, recording and movement of all stock throughout the company on the company’s computer systems and in physical locations
- Monitor stock levels at the company and transfer stock as required from outside locations to the main warehouse so as to maximise sales
- Monitor and optimise all storage and RH&D charges incurred at outside warehouses and ensure that the company benefits from the best available market rates
- Monitor and control the level and frequency of movements of stock at outside locations and preparation of stock and transfers between warehouses, including European warehouses
- Carry out continuous reconciliations of stock held on behalf of the company at outside locations
- Monitor, action and investigate all sales and purchase goods returns and ensure safe return of appropriate stock to the correct locations
- Pro-actively advise management of out of date and low/high stock levels
- Advise sales teams of stock at risk of becoming short-dated or very slow moving and requiring action
- Monitor and report on wastage or over-ordering
- Monitor and reconcile the preparation & movement of key supermarket products from co-packers to warehouses & major customers
- 5yrs+ experience within food stock control / logistics
* The Client is a leading importer, developer, and distributor of food and drinks in the UK and Europe. Supplying to leading restaurants, retailers, and manufacturers to deliver the finest quality products and we mean fine! You'll be reporting to the General Manager and have 4 direct reports.