We currently have an opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join the team of this major food supplier. You will need to have had previous experience and have a strong understanding of all things relating to logistics / warehousing. You will be responsible for the running of the warehouse department and company vehicles so experience is a must.
Below a brief job spec for the role.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Help manage rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
- Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, or customer issues.
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, product volumes or carriers.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements.
- Identify and resolve any stock discrepancies and ensure system records are in agreement.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate.
- Overseeing of inbound and outbound transport.
· Extensive experience across stock management, warehouse management, logistics and operational
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent communicator with a skill for managing people.
- A minimum of five years of management experience in related positions.
- Familiar with the management of large-scale logistics, transportation, warehousing, etc.
- Familiar with FMCG and fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- A degree would be preferred but not essential
- Assist in briefing / de-briefing drivers
- Managing vehicle defects
- Manage driver compliance
- Manage vehicle compliance
- Analyse and report on vehicle utilisation
- Analyse and report on driver utilisation
- Assist in the setting up and running of the general haulage integration
· Monday to Friday
· 28 days holiday (including bank holiday) Increasing to 31 days after 5 years.