Working for this major food production unit you'll be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the site management teams through consistent monitoring and maintenance of the site computer systems, networks and infrastructure as well as supporting the progression of future solutions on site and across the wider business.
Main duties include:
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Assisting both staff and team members with IT related faults and issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Finding inventive solutions to problems being faced by fellow staff members and the site.
- Replacing and maintain IT hardware as required.
- Creation and maintenance of new procedures and documentation to aid both staff and team productivity.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting new applications.
- Responding within agreed SLA’s to support requests.
- Prioritising and managing workload to achieve positive results.
- Testing new technologies relevant to users, site or projects.
- To monitor and maintain the local IT infrastructure, including backups and key systems of operations.
- Working closely with team members to assist with projects or issues outside of your local site.
- Promoting and maintaining excellent lines of communication with both your local team members and other colleagues across the business.
Applicants must have a comprehensive knowledge of IT systems and procedures, be educated to Level 3 IT diploma or equivalent, with proven experience within an IT support or equivalent role. Strong communication skills (written and verbal), the ability to multitask, prioritise and work to tight deadlines are all essential attributes. Candidates must also have a strong ability to work independently.
Hours of Work are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday inclusive