Are you a Junior or Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level? A leading consultancy in Kent, is looking for someone to join their fast-paced team.
If you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a consultancy environment and relevant qualifications such as ONC/HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services, we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for assisting with the overall preparation and submission of detailed design and co-ordination of Building Services solutions, including Drainage, Water Services, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant Layouts.
You will be required to produce scheme design calculations and drawings for CAD in respect of the various services, evaluate design options, brainstorm design solutions, and maintain comprehensive design files.
Additionally, you will need to be able to produce design sketches, prepare written reports for DTMs, develop knowledge of RIBA stages of work, and produce design stage reports, cost plans and comparisons as well as pre-tender estimates for systems/plant.
You will need to be able to liaise with suppliers to gain expert knowledge and costs and have a flexible attitude to projects and design.
Some knowledge of IES and Hevacomp is also essential.
In terms of project strategy, you will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of the project plan at outset, producing project programmes for design/pre-construction, attending design team/client meetings, taking minutes, and ensuring required actions are followed up.
You will also need to be able to assist in the production of cost plans and pre-tender estimates, produce cost comparisons for systems/plant, demonstrate interest in financial matters, assist with problem solving and respond to RFIs and queries quickly
The successful candidate will need to have excellent customer service skills in order to produce sketch designs for proposals, understand our products, client’s needs, wants and objectives, and prepare presentations for clients. They will also need to be able to develop client relationships.
• Annual company salary review each summer
• Bonus scheme in line with both company and personal performance
• 28 days holiday entitlement + 3 days for office closure over the Christmas period (includes bank hols)
• Government Pension Scheme
• Accredited BIM level 2 consultants
• Active BIM Collaboration Schemes
• CIBSE Training programmes
• Internal training programmes
• Healthcare (terms apply)
• Hybrid working eligibility upon successful completion of probation period (up to 2 days home working each week in accordance with company policy)
• Part of a team – not an individual
• Ambassadors Team
• High specification equipment with which to work
If you think you have the required skills and experience, please get in touch today.