A Food Safety Specialist is required to join a leading Food & Drink advisory business based on the borders of the Cotswolds and West Midlands.
You will primarily be based at the company’s offices but there will likely be the requirement for significant travel in the UK as well as abroad for business development purposes as well as to conduct training and consultancy in factories. Some of these trips will involve overnight stays.
To provide high quality Food Safety Management System support primarily to the food manufacturing sector. This involves the provision of guidance, with emphasis on training (from basic to advanced level); the auditing of HACCP systems and pre-audits against industrial standards such as the BRC Global Standard together with the provision of guidance on the application of food safety and quality management systems in food manufacturing environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will have a wide remit; it will focus on a number of key areas of food safety and quality management systems.
It is expected that the job holder will become one of the company’s focal points for food safety and quality management systems activities. You will be expected to develop, manage and perform a range of audit and pre-audit activities, develop and present training courses, provide guidance and consultancy in the area of food safety and quality management systems under guidance from your line manager and other colleagues.
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of contract, training and research projects. All work is undertaken in line with the requirements of our business management system.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries with support as appropriate using information retrieved from relevant sources. This will include provision of consultancy and the performing of site audits/pre-audits. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Present training materials as the lead tutor or support tutor, as relevant, on both scheduled and client specific courses.
- Design and develop training course materials.
- Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports to agreed standards.
- Through implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of contract, training, and research in line with the focus area of the job.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line manager. Performing internal audits of the FMT Department and site as required.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years (3 to 5) experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
- Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4 would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Practical experience and trained in auditing, to lead auditor level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Training experience, at least Train the trainer level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
- Good verbal and broader communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy offerings.
- Effective project and time management skills assuring effective delivery and compliance with business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Generally IT literate - particularly a working knowledge of Powerpoint expected.
Call Suzie Britton for further information or email email@example.com