We are actively seeking an Electrical Supervisor for an M&E Contractor. To be based on a New Build High End Residential Project.
The Electrical Supervisor will be expected to control all worksite based activity, with particular responsibility for the quality, production, specification and programme compliance. This will include controlling teams of operatives (as listed under Direct Reports above) and carrying out and overseeing works, both in Shell & Core and Fitout elements
- Following the instructions issued by Line Managers to ensure compliance with contractual arrangements.
- Ensuring all activities within remit are undertaken in accordance with the quality system.
- Ensuring that all operatives and specialist sub-contractors are working safely to the appropriate method statements and that the working environment is adequate to do so.
- Ensuring all operatives are working to correct drawings, to a high standard.
- Ensuring Method Statements and Risk Assessments are in place before any activities take place on site.
The Electrical Supervisor is a key member of the Project Team and will be expected to work with colleagues in developing and implementing the Project Execution Plan to achieve client and company objectives. Supervisors are responsible for maintaining the quality systems on the individual projects, ensuring operatives work in a safe manner at all times. The project is a residential tower. This also consists of a swimming pool, gym, spa, bar and main front of house area.
Needs to be commercially aware of the design & installation of the project to mitigate the risk of incurring unforeseen costs.
Will be responsible for the organisation of Storeman and Labourers, ensuring that deliveries and plant are brought to site in a timeframe compliant to the programme. Must ensure all plant is kept to a minimum and that all items of plant are only on site for the necessary period to carry out the tasks required.
Work closely with the Project Team to price areas of work with the sub-contractors. Ensure all SI and/or day work is priced and submitted to the Quantity Surveyor for approval of payment.
Liaising effectively with Project Team and the client, essentially bridging any gap in communications, via email, weekly progress meetings and verbally.
- Control of sub-contractors, including measuring and monitoring the use of equipment, tools and plant.
- Collating and overlaying of drawings/design between all trades to ensure that the installation is installed and co-ordinated as per collective design intent.
- Liaising with other trades to co-ordinate works on site
- Intermediate and final product inspections.
- Organising weekly toolbox talks.
- Maintain all site records.
- Ensure daily record of attendance is kept for all personnel including sub-contractors.
- Call off and control of materials required and used on site.
- Maintain progress of the works in accordance with agreed programmes, attending weekly progress meetings with the Client.
- Ensure quality of installation works in accordance with client specified requirements.
- Control of operatives’ Health & Safety requirements on site which includes reviewing/signing of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Maintain adequate test and inspection records.
- Report any variation works to Line Manager/Commercial Team.
Key Health & Safety Responsibility
- To assist the company in enforcing minimum Health & Safety requirements on site. Ensure that all operatives are working in a manner that will enhance the reputation of the company with regards to Health & Safety.
- Ensuring all operatives under remit are working to current Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Appropriate experience working within the Building and Construction Industry.
- The ability to attend Client meetings for and on behalf of the Client.The ability to communicate effectively on a one-to-one basis and promote good team practices.
- The ability to produce written reports to document any and all contractual issues.
- The ability to prioritise own workload whilst working well both under instruction and independently utilising initiative to ensure objectives are consistently achieved. A positive attitude towards work and willingness to get tasks completed on time whilst managing conflicting deadlines and multitasking against conflicting priorities. Understanding of both M&E systems and specialist trades.
- Qualified electrician (minimum 17th edition).
- First Aid.
- PASMA (preference but not essential).
- Testing and Inspection (preference but not essential).
Familiar with Office 2016 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)