Working for a major Food Manufacture Company you'll be reporting directly to the Site Services Manager to maintain the plant and equipment ensuring these are in safe working order to meet the site operational needs. Assisting with all electrical installation and maintenance work to assist with mechanical and project duties to facilitate the necessary works required by site. Inspection and testing of main electrical supplies carrying out routine electrical testing and inspections working in accordance to Technical, Quality and Health and Safety Standards.
Main duties include:
- Reactive and proactive maintenance of site machinery, equipment and systems.
- Work within the panel replacement program around site, removal and replacement of electrical equipment and update electrical drawings accordingly
- Daily completion of the Engineering work log.
- Ensure work orders are completed within the required time scale.
- Carrying out PPM work in accordance to the monthly schedule.
- Maintaining high standards of Good Manufacturing Practice. Ensuring the Engineering Workshop and areas of work are maintained to a high level of housekeeping.
- Effective and efficient use of resources, including spare parts, consumables and equipment. Sourcing part numbers and communicating parts / materials required in a time efficient manner to the relevant person.
- Assisting site contractors where necessary.
- Assisting in accident Investigations where technical knowledge of equipment and or processes is required.
- Utilisation of the Shire PPM system with regard to entering data.
- Site Fire Marshal Duties
Applicants must be fully qualified, with a nationally recognised certification to include, 18th edition electrical regulations and installation and be able to carryout testing of electrical equipment. Experience in all aspects of contractor control and proficiency in Microsoft and PPM applications are essential. Candidates must be self motivated with excellent organisational and communication skills coupled with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads. A clean driving and FLT licence are required.
Hours of Work are 7.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday inclusive