We are seeking a Senior/Principal FM Electrical Engineer a minimum of 10 years’ experience of electrical services design in the building services engineering industry who will undertake building services consultant duties in relation to Operational Engineering within buildings.
Working for our clients on their managed property portfolios, the engineer will carry out a range of term consultancy responsibilities. From installation trouble shooting, to condition surveying, to design, specification and project management; the role will be varied, combining time in the office with time on site in equal measure.
Our client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy that has been operating in the M&E sector for more than 45 years.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
- Providing Maintenance Management Support, assisting clients in managing contractor provision of M&E maintenance services.
- Design and specification of small project works, providing overall project management up to handover.
- Tendering for new mechanical and electrical maintenance contracts
- Providing auditing assistance by attending site to inspect plant rooms, maintenance log books and report findings to client and contractor.
- Liaising with specialists, budgeting advice, ad hoc site meetings and visits, troubleshooting, obtaining alternative quotations, surveying, attending contract meetings and providing advice to the client on all electrical and associated statutory compliance matters.
- Managing junior staff.
- Helping develop our client base and our term consultancy building portfolio.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Academic requirement: HNC/HND Electrical / Building Services Engineering qualification preferable. Technical requirement: H&S Level 1
- Previous experience in an FM/Operational Engineering consultancy role is NOT essential.
- Proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Preferably experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.), and able to guide and liaise with various specialist contract suppliers
- Flexible; pragmatic; able to work to deadlines; able to demonstrate technical problem-solving skills.
- Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills.
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact me for further information on 0208 547 3399
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.