Night Shift - 6.30pm -2.30am
Food Manufacture: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an electrical engineer to proactively maintain site machinery, plant and systems to allow the business to operate efficiently within Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations.
You will closely liaise with production, operations and quality functions communicating and providing accurate updates and information to ensure the smooth operation and delivery of the Engineering function to satisfy the needs of the business.
Main duties include:
- Maintain plant and equipment to optimum standards in an efficient manner, working to minimize downtime and ensure the smooth operation of the factory.
- Provide urgent assistance for breakdowns to minimize lost time, accurately logging lost time and root cause for further analysis.
- Understand how to trace faults (root cause analysis) and rectify in full first time around, escalating for support when unsure.
- Accurately and effectively complete planned maintenance in line with the onsite PPM system including in-depth visual checks to critical machinery components to identify damage and metal on metal contact or wear.
- Complete accurate PPM checks and record any necessary further corrective action to be completed.
- Be fully trained/ undertake training in the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations, lubrication requirements and critical locations on the equipment as detailed in the machinery manuals.
- Trained in good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination.
- Assist in the supervision of onsite contractors and escalate or rectify where deficiencies are identified.
- Understand the principles of metal detection and have a thorough knowledge of the equipment and testing routines.
- Prioritise incoming work and have ability to manage own time effectively.
- Communicate and liaise with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities on the plan or breakdowns and the completion thereof.
- Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times. Promote and adhere to a culture of safe working and help implement safe working procedures.
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment, removing wastage wherever possible. Log spare parts used and flag for re-order.
- Any administrative duties as required in the fulfillment of the engineering plan or personal tasks.
- Satisfactory completion of the engineering maintenance plan, designated areas and equipment.
- Support the learning and development of apprentices.
- Assist in site projects and installations where required, be flexible at times of business need.
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Standards and Procedures are complied with and safe working practices are always adopted, through development and training out of safe working practices, procedures and behaviors within the team.
- Adopt an excellent housekeeping mentality with a clean as you go policy. Help the team to keep the Engineering areas tidy and well organized.
- Carry out and monitor plant performance, ensuring checks are thoroughly completed, defects identified and action taken before they impact site performance
- Assist the department to reduce energy consumption and energy waste. Assist in generating ideas to make the company leaner and greener Candidate requirements include:
- Computer literate
- Minimum level 3 in Engineering discipline, preferably apprentice trained
- Experience of FMCG machinery
- Minimum level 2 in Food Safety
- Good communication skills