A role has arisen for a talented Intermediate Electrical Engineer with a minimum of four years’ experience across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential, as well as hotel, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes etc.
Our client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy that has been operating in the M&E sector for more than 45 years. They have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
- Supporting senior staff in the design of electrical systems, preparing drawings, specifications and product schedules for projects from inception to completion.
- Checking tender submissions, drawings and technical submittals to ensure quality of products and equipment are in accordance with design.
- Undertaking site visits and monitoring progress against the design with minimal supervision.
- Monitoring workload against deliverables.
- Assisting with planning work schedules to meet project programmes.
- Building relationships and contacts with potential sources of new work, maintaining existing relationships.
- On occasion, assisting with the delivery of presentations and pitches.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience.
- An understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations and BREEAM and renewable technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant British Standards publications such as BS 7671, BS 5839 and BS 5266.
- A reasonable understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own, sufficient to understand their impact in the overall design, and converse at a reasonable level.
- A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Trimble (formerly Amtech) or Cymap, DIALux or similar.
- Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication.
- Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
Interested? Then click the apply button today or contact me for further information on 0208 547 3399
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.