Our client is currently recruiting for an Experienced EHS Advisor to work on site on a Public Health project in the Oxfordshire area.
They are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. They are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidate will join an already established Health & Safety team on the Pre-Construction phase of this project. The project is a Mechanical & electrical installation and has a project value in excess of £12 million.
EHS Advisor Roles and Responsibilities are to deliver:
- Monitor Company safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system.
- Develop safety documents in conjunction with the site project team /Project Manager.
- Conduct weekly formal site inspections and monthly audits as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of inspections & audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with Company policy.
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site.
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available onsite, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation.
- Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in reviewing and drafting method statements for high risk activities.
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Manage all incident/accident investigation reporting and filing.
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by Company employees.
- Serve as Company representative at client site meetings when requested.
- Manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records.
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team.
- Manage the training register for the project, ensuring the Project team and supply chain meet Company compliance requirements.
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management systems.
EHS Advisor will have the following
- NEBOSH certificate as a minimum
- CSCS Card
The EHS Advisor will have the following Experience
- Candidates must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge within Mechanical/Electrical commercial projects
- Experience in construction planning in data centres would be advantageous
- Microsoft Word and powerpoint knowledge to an intermediate level
- Excel knowledge may consist of putting together reports as and when needed
What they offer
- Supports Progression and development within
- Educational Assistance
- Company Pension
- Permanent role with opportunities to work on varied projects in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe