Downstream Process Scientist
An opportunity has become available for a self-motivated and communicative Downstream Process Development Scientist to join the Bioprocessing Development Unit at an Antibody Manufacturing site near Oxford. This team oversees process improvement of Raw Materials Manufacturing processes.
- Improving existing and/or developing new techniques for purification of antibodies and their introduction into manufacturing
- Writing and maintaining SOPs in addition to the training of staff in their implementation
- Investigation, via Design of Experiments into new analytical methods for determining antibody quality and their introduction into manufacturing
- Supporting the Business Custom Manufacturing Offerings
- Minimum BSc in a Science, preferably including modules dealing with topics such as protein-protein interactions.
- 2 years post-graduation experience in an industrial protein purification setting or MRes or PhD of similar focus.
- Working knowledge of chromatography systems such as AKTA, NGC etc.
- Proven understanding of the concepts behind protein purification by chromatography
- Comfortable communicating and discussing ideas in a mixed group of various scientific backgrounds
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments and associated software such as Minitab, MODDE or JMP
- Working knowledge of antibody generation via any biological system
- Working Knowledge of implementing Quality by Design
- Experience of working to ISO9001 standards Experience applying Lean Six Sigma in an industrial laboratory setting