Our clients Structures team is seeking a Document Controller / Team Secretary / Financial Assistant in their Glasgow office. The purpose of the post is to provide document control and administrative support to the technical teams at all levels, including detailed electronic file management for both single and multi-disciplinary projects and working with a number of internal and external client contacts
PURPOSE OF POST
To provide document control and administrative support to the technical teams at all levels, including detailed electronic file management for both single and multi-disciplinary projects and working with a number of internal and external client contacts. This post also requires the job holder to support other administrative duties relating to project administration and support.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role of document controller/administrator and in order to meet those requirements and for your continuing personal and career development, you need to be able to demonstrate, improve on and/or develop the following competencies to assist you in reaching your full potential.
• An awareness of project financial / costing principles and budget controls, so that in liaison with the technical team, financial records are kept up to date and well maintained;
• Managing team trackers for financial and resource management with the support of project managers;
• Purchasing support through Agresso – raising of requisitions and purchase order numbers prior to purchase, including for any cheque requests to accounts. Purchases may be project or administrative related.
• An awareness of the need to win repeat business from existing clients by performing well on their projects;
• Assist and support our Marketing team with Bid Management, obtaining and collating information for bids/tenders/PQQs.
• Support the Project Manager/technical teams in ensuring projects are delivered effectively, and on time
• Ensure time sheets are submitted promptly, within one week of becoming due;
• Ensure adherence to the Integrated Management System (IMS) – Quality and Environmental Management systems as related to document control and administrative support;
• Confidentiality is maintained at all times – work carried out for your Director or any member of your technical team must not be disclosed to, or discussed with, any other members of staff/external contacts.
• Take minutes of meetings and record any actions to help the technical teams maintain a ‘to-do’ log on a weekly / monthly basis, to record instructions and to help prioritise workload.
• Scan, copy, print and issue of drawings both electronically and in paper format (when appropriate) in line with the requirements of the IMS procedures;
• Ability to maintain an orderly filing system
• Ability to maintain detailed focus on document controller responsibilities, producing good, reliable work with minimum supervision
• Ability to listen to and take on board constructive guidance
• To be familiar with basic administrative procedures, including timesheets and expenses
• Demonstrate an excellent level of skills and knowledge in working with Microsoft office suite:
• Through training and support, maintain the required records on the Agresso system in support of the project management requirements of your team, which will include for monthly invoicing on projects to client contacts;
• Maintain project files, filing and other related documentation, both electronic and hard copy, in line with IMS procedures, as detailed on the Waterman Intranet.
Director / Team Support
• Organise transport/accommodation arrangements, as required and approved by Director;
• Organise, maintain and support the Directors diary, expenses, travel, contacts, emails, day to day workload and tasks as required.
• Support the technical team by organising / maintaining / supporting with expenses, travel, contacts, emails, day to day workload and tasks as required.
• Maintain your own ‘to-do’ log to prioritise workload.
Team Working and Communication
• To work as part of a team supporting the delivery and file management of high quality engineering designs and drawings
• Working collaboratively and efficiently with colleagues within your team. Demonstrate a ‘can do’, flexible approach in the work you carry out.
• Report all or any absences of staff within your team to HR immediately they occur.
This job description is not exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other duties appropriate to the responsibilities of a Structures Document Controller and the wider administrative/support team(s), as and when required.