We are lucky enough to be working with this dynamic and responsive building services company.
Established for over 30 years, they have built their reputation on quality design, quality installation, quality service and quality product.
Operating out of their offices in Medway they are now looking for a Director of M & E Services.
Reporting to the Managing Director
You will be responsible for leading the co-ordination & efficient execution of the designated projects.
To carry out the overall director level management of the mechanical and electrical building services delivery teams
To carry out the overall director level management of the procurement, estimating and design team.
To ensure teams are adhering to applicable statutory legislation, Client specific policies, and company health and safety
To identify new avenues for future work, either in current scope or potential new market for the company.
- To support the implementation and management of the company’s policies, procedures and charters.
- To develop and maintain project management tools which ensure the efficient on-time execution of the designated projects.
- To prepare and circulate concise project reports which accurately reflect the status and issues of the current projects.
- To ensure that all projects are implemented correctly to the specification, current British Standards and budget constraints set by the estimators.
- To ensure timely highlighting and resolution of project technical queries.
- To maintain accurate and up to resource plans.
- To ensure satisfactory and timely resolution of customer queries/requests and complaints.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are logged and resolved to the satisfaction of the management team.
- To liaise with customers on project schedules and priorities to ensure consistent on-time performance.
- To proactively establish relationships with customers, suppliers & sub-contractors.
- Identify and develop opportunities for profit performance improvement.
- To closely liaise with management and staff to ensure appropriate capacity planning.
- To liaise with the service department for provision of site service attendance in accordance with contract requirements.
- To provide any other service necessary to ensure the efficient on-time execution of the designated projects in accordance with the company’s charter.
- Select, monitor and report on performance of product and service suppliers including sub-contractors.
- To set objectives for individual team members and in conjunction with management monitor and provide feedback performance against these objectives, helping to identify development needs and implementing project related training solutions where appropriate.
- Oversee the pricing and submission of tenders to meet specified timescales.
- Ensure that designs meet current BS standards and client’s requirements.
- High level of knowledge in commercial and contractual issues in a project environment.
- High level of Business awareness.
- Ability to manage complex projects, determined by budget, technical variance and managed by third parties.
- Ability to initiate and create project plans.
- The ability to grasp and document details.
- Promotes and reinforces attitudes and actions that are based on continuously improving customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Results oriented and practical.
- Setting and managing department internal budgets
- Possess good business negotiating skills.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, Autocad & MS Project
- Ability to use complex calculations to solve technical problems.
- Ability to motivate both directly employed and sub-contract labour.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Generates and considers a range of options when deciding on the way forward and how to resolve problems and issues.
- Thinks through the consequences of implementing each by establishing the pros and cons of each.
- Establishes a decisive course of action based on a sound rationale.
- Seeks and responds positively to regular performance feedback from other people.
- Provides constructive feedback to others to help improve performance.
- Sees the need to work co-operatively with others and does so.
- Provides support and assistance to colleagues both within and outside the Company, where appropriate.
- Supports team/group decisions, even if not in complete agreement.
- Involves appropriate individuals in working actively together to resolve issues and develop new ideas, as appropriate.
- Structures meetings/contact with others (in groups or one to one) to ensure that goals are achieved.
- Gives credit for good ideas within the teams.
- Leads by example; re-enforcing the Company’s values in all aspects of the role.
- Willing to take on more responsibility to improve performance and service.
- Smart & well presented
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Is courteous and shows consideration for the needs and feelings of others.
- Listens and responds with empathy and understanding to the needs, views and concerns of others.
- Remains self-motivated even when things are not going well e.g. when ideas are rejected, or work is behind target.