We’re currently working with a chilled food supplier near Heanor searching for Class 2 Drivers to complete their team.
Reporting in directly to the Transport Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting in the loading of your lorry and ensuring it’s within the weight guidelines.
- Make certain that all paperwork to accompanying goods is complete
- Map best possible routes prior to setting out.
- Fill up lorry with fuel before setting out on a route.
- Deliver goods to their destinations and take customers signatures on receipts.
- Perform preventative and regular checks on lorries and ensure that vehicle fluids are sufficient.
- Report any serious mechanical problems to the concerned individual within the company.
- Clean lorries and ensure that everything is in good working order.
- Store lorry cleaning and maintenance equipment and tools in a safe place.
- Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed and any improvements, ideas or problems are brought to the attention of the Health and Safety Manager immediately.
Contact Jim in the office for a confidential chat.