Our Client, a leading London based MEP Contractor, is currently seeking BIM Co-Ordinators’ for their prestigious London projects to start immediately.
Responsible for the planning, design and delivery of allocated project.
Duties will include:
- Liaising and coordinating with Project Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors.
- Working as part of a team.
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Project Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Comply with the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Comply with our Clients BIM and CAD Standards.
- Production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Provide input into weekly project reports including timesheets, percentages complete and narratives on work completed.
- The production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- The production of “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
- Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline.
And / Or
- Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in BIM Coordinator Role, managing your own workload and tracking progress on projects.
- ‘Autodesk AutoCAD’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Revit’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Navisworks’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- Management experience desirable
- Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
- Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Proven ability / experience chairing coordination meetings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on 3 No. Projects in BIM valued at over £1m
BENEFICIAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
- ‘Autodesk Fabrication MEP’.
- ‘Solibri Model Checker’
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Ambition to succeed and progress
- Passion for delivering results
BEHAVIOUR & ATTITUDE
- An exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
- A positive, “can do” approach, determined to succeed.
- Rewards achievement.
- Generates a sense of energy and urgency.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Build trust and maintains excellent working relationships.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development.
- Demanding of self and others.
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
- Sound, balanced judgement.
BENEFICIAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience in detailed surveys of building structures, existing plant and installations.
- Experience in offsite fabrication detailing.
- Experience of support structures
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please contact Jon Oldknow on 02085473399 to discuss further or click apply to send me your CV directly (please ensure your contact details are enclosed and up-to-date) and I will call you back.