This key role would suit someone with experience of working on bid submissions for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Invitation to Tenders preferably within the construction industry. The role requires someone with the ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, be confident working with senior management and have process-driven approach to multi-tasking.
The companies Bid and Marketing Department is a demanding environment, with an emphasis on working to deadlines. The Marketing Team has many varied responsibilities, and an excellent work ethic and team mentality is absolutely essential. The ability to work effectively as part of the wider team will also be necessary. The candidate must be self-motivated and with the ability to work on their own initiative. The company seeks to project a highly professional and well-organised image and the role of the Marketing Team is pivotal in achieving this.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working within a team you will be tasked with undertaking a range of duties requiring skills that will include:
- Monitoring potential opportunities that come into the business and distributing these opportunities to the Directors, Marketing and Bid Manager for strategic review.
- Creating Project/job numbers when bid opportunities come in.
- Producing submissions in response to Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Invitation to Tenders, ensuring that submissions are of a high and consistent standard.
- To work with the Bid/Marketing team to bring new ideas and proposals to the Directors from time to time, to keep the bid material fresh, compelling and to take account of advances in technology and new communication techniques.
- To ensure that material is grammatically correct, well-researched, and without spelling mistakes.
- Create / maintain stocks of standard responses for PQQ & tender submissions.
- Provide assistance and support with general marketing and bid function to the Marketing / Bid Manager.
- Assist with marketing communications including company brochure, advertising, sponsorship, press releases and company website.
- Assist in organising corporate hospitality events / PR.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant shall be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, a meticulous eye for detail, graphic ability, and first class writing and literacy skills – in particular, proof reading. Will have previous experience of working on Pre-Qualification Questionnaire’s and Tenders preferably within the Construction Sector.
Adobe InDesign is preferable together with good Microsoft Office and administration skills. An understanding of marketing and communications is also desirable. It will be necessary to prioritise workload and identify objectives.
Please contact Jon Oldknow of Magenta International Ltd or click apply to submit your CV and I will call you back (please include your contact details)