Purpose of the Position: To support the continued growth of our business you will ensure the effective management and flow of packaging and raw materials through the business in order to meet and exceed customer demand.
Scheduling and managing of Raw Materials (chilled, Frozen and ambient category), Packaging materials and ancillary items (chemicals, PPE, stationary etc.) to ensure order fulfillment.
Maintain the settings of codes/delisted suppliers as well as supplier questionnaires.
Participate in end of week/month stock audits
- Manage the supplier process to ensure deliveries are made effectively and efficiently
- Maintain the purchasing database and management of the procurement system.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Procurement of samples for Kitchen/factory for NPD trails from the approved suppliers and collate supplier information for technical.
- Liaise with NPD/Production and Technical department for suitability of raw material/Packaging Material and quality assessment.
- Conduct regular review of vendor accreditation to ensure the company is getting the most economical and cost effective supplies by comparing contractual and bid prices with prevailing competitive prices.(at least three quotes)
- Check inventory stocks physically or through automated systems to validate that restocking is in order.
- Liaise with other departments to accurately plan and order the ingredients and packaging as required.
- Determine inventory quantities are sufficient for needs and order more if warranted; interface with production department supervisors and leads to adjust ordering activity proactively to address current and future plant needs.
- Communicate all rejections made back to the supplier and to manage the process effectively
- Ensure that raw material and packaging specification adhere to customer policies
- Contact vendors to ensure meeting delivery schedules and to preclude missed deliveries. .
- Liaising with warehouse at all production sites to maintain stock
- To correspond with all production personnel in respect to goods ordered and ensure FIFO is followed
- Ensure artwork is approved and printed in a timely manner.
- Deputise in absence of line manager and ensure department is running smoothly