Job Title: Forage Scientist
Job Type: Permanent
- Ensuring delivery of forage analysis service to time, cost and quality.
- Logging receipt of samples and keeping organised and detailed electronic and hard-copy records of all reports generated. Conducting accurate analysis on fresh grass and silage using NIRS and ICP-OES techniques. Writing informative and scientifically accurate forage reports based on NIRS and mineral analysis results. Interpretation of rumen audits and the subsequent generation of rumen reports.
- Training team members to be competent in the forage analysis service – including new team members and retraining of existing team members (every 3 months).
- Delegation of forage analysis tasks to the R&D team in times of high workload.
- Maintain stock levels of chemicals and laboratory consumables. Maintain supplies of rumen audit/forage sampling kits and distribution of these to RSMs / agents when required.
- Ensure compliance with the FAA group’s guidelines by conducting test analysis and reporting results. Represent Tangerine Holdings at FAA meetings and industry events/trade shows.
- Generation of relevant statistical data on the forage analysis service when required.
- Write and review SOPs as and when required.
- Identify and develop new methods and perform non-routine analysis using the equipment in the FAS laboratory. Investigation and development of new methods to make use of any spare equipment capacity in the FAS laboratory.
- BSc (min. 2.1 or equivalent) in a science based subject
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience