Reporting to the Technical Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced QA Technician to provide technical support for the Company’s food safety and quality system.
- Ensure that all products and packaging accepted into the Company meet specification and legal requirements through checks and sampling at the point of entry.
- Supplier liaison regarding rejections and complaints and ensuring and resolutions are communicated to the relevant departments such as Stock Control and Accounts.
- Maintain specific parts of QA systems to meet customer, legal and BRC requirements. This includes but is not limited to: traceability checks, daily check sheets, calibration, lab sampling, internal audits, weekly and monthly site audits, less frequent and ad hoc audits.
- High level of warehouse monitoring to confirm effective implementation of quality system and peripheral company and customer policies.
- Production trials.
- Travel tests.
- To report any issues to the Technical Manager.
- Taste panel management.
- Internal projects.
- Minimum of 2 years within a food manufacturing background, preferably in a technical role.
- Good working knowledge of quality systems and procedures.
- Able to prioritise and manage workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator – verbal and written.
- A level 3 Food Safety certificate is desirable, although not essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.