My Client, one of the largest seafood companies in the world, are looking for an Operations Manager to join their team at their new, state of the art feed plant in NW Scotland.
Manage all operational activities including the unloading and storage of raw materials, warehousing and despatch of finished product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information on 01233 223 712
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.